Resources for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the National Reporting System (NRS) for Adult Education
WIOA State Guidance
- OCTAE Program Memorandum 17-2: Performance Accountability Guidance for WIOA (PDF, 1445KB)
- OCTAE Program Memorandum 19-1: Guidance for Validating Jointly Required Performance Data Submitted under WIOA (PDF, 226 KB)
These links open to the template for the state and local performance report and the PIRL, which includes data element definitions and instructions.
- WIOA Statewide and Local Performance Report Template (SPR)
- WIOA Joint Participant Individual Report layout (PIRL)
Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) NRS Performance Reporting (OMB Control Number 1830-0027)
The NRS technical assistance guide contains an overview of the NRS information collection and instructions for the WIOA title II performance reporting components such as the statistical tables, the narrative report, the Federal Financial Report, and the data quality checklist.
NRS Training on WIOA 2016
The Learn, Evaluate, Assess and Plan (LEAP) training assisted states to understand, plan, and implement accountability and related program design changes brought about by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- LEAP I training training focused primarily on preparing states for changes related to WIOA.
- LEAP II training provided state teams with a detailed look at the new NRS reporting requirements and revised tables as a result of WIOA implementation and helped them develop a plan for meeting these necessary changes.
2017 Adult Education State Directors' Meeting Presentation
- LEAP Again: Updates and Training of Trainers on WIOA Accountability PowerPoint slides presented at the State Directors' meeting in June 2017. (PPT, 816 KB)
Below are links to some additional external resources related to WIOA.