The training aims to bring the adult education program into the world of state longitudinal data systems (LDS), with the goal of illuminating the value of the state LDS to adult education, and to connect adult education to this statewide collaborative effort.
1. NRS Guide to State Longitudinal Data SystemsThis guide is the 12th in a series of guides designed to assist states with implementing NRS requirements, improve data quality, and use NRS data to promote program improvement. This guide is unique among others in the series in its focus on development of LDSs, but it maintains the goal of improving state data quality for NRS reporting. It is designed to support national training on LDSs in adult education, conducted in June and July 2012, and accompanying materials.
2. Pre-Training Webinar I: Introduction to State Longitudinal Data Systems
(May 10, 2012)
This introductory webinar will give an overview of Adult Education’s involvement in State Longitudinal Data Systems (SLDS). The webinar will address the following questions: What is (and is not) an LDS? Why this is important for adult education? Where adult education fits into the statewide system?
3. Pre-Training Webinar II: SLDS Presentation by Emily Anthony
(Scheduled for May 24, 2012, 2-3 PM ET)
Emily Anthony is an Associate Research Scientist and SLDS Coordinator for the National Center for Education Statistics, Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education (ED). She will share information about the current state of funding from ED and how states are progressing in their SLDS development.
Facilitation and Professional Development Materials
4. Presentation and Handouts from the 2012 Summer Training
5. Group Pictures from Trainings
DC Training Participants
Chicago Training Participants
Seattle Training Participants
Follow this link to learn more about file formats, file viewers, and support for the visually impaired.